Monday, May 4, 2009

What's Cooking 5.4-5.10

Crunchy Chicken's Sustainable Food Challenge is officially over but I found it easy to stick to its principles again this week. I was a bit short on time so I only went to our pricey whole foods market and I may have forgotten something in my haste (but I don't think so). I spent a total of $74.18.



Here's what were eating this week:

Monday:
Middle Eastern Lentil-Bulgur Loaf
Green Salad

Tuesday: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta con las Chicas!

My girlfriends are coming over. (It's kind of a celebration of my son's birth - you gotta celebrate the mama, too! - and an excuse to drink some of the leftover Mexican beer from my son's birthday party Saturday.) My husband will take our son out for a boys' night in honor of his birthday - the restaurant and movie of his choice. (We will also take him for a picnic lunch at a park with a lake and sandy beach - he's been asking to make sand castles at the beach for a while.)

Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burritos
Green Salad
Chips, Salsa and Guacamole
Beer with Lime

Wednesday:
Grilled Portobello Po' Boys
Homemade Whole Wheat Rolls
Oven "Fries"
Green Salad

Thursday:
Bow-tie Pasta
with Broccoli, Garbanzo Beans and Kalamata Olives


Friday:
Pizza (with homemade dough and sauce)
Roasted Peppers and Pepperoni
Spinach Salad

Saturday:
Curried Lentil Soup
Homemade Whole Wheat Rolls
Spinach Salad

Sunday:
Whole Wheat Pancakes
Turkey Sausages
Grapefruit

No comments: