Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Thich Nhat Hanh's Camera





Last year I met a woman, Kate, who traveled with Thich Nhat Hahn on his first trip back to Vietnam in 40 years. She collected amazing stories and photos from that experience. One of my favorite stories is of TNH, surrounded by photographers all jockeying for the perfect shot. He smiled and raised his hands up to his eyes, pantomiming holding a camera, and also took a picture. I think about that moment a lot as I'm going through my day with my ds. Dh and I do not take many "actual" photos of him, but I use my Thich Nhat Hahn camera quite often. It helps me feel more present and available to every perfect moment I have with him. And they are all perfect.

Of course, this leaves my friends who live far away a bit at a loss. So these pictures are for them. With much love.

No comments: