Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Common Denominator

"Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh." -W.H. Auden

This week I am rejoicing in my friends: Great girl friends with whom I shared a bottle of wine and much laughter on Thursday night, this morning with another friend who came over to share a walk which then became a hilarious race with G to see who could "catch" each others shadow first and tonight with a group of friends who came to our home to eat dinner and play the most fun and cool game - Say Anything.

If you've never played the game I highly recommend it. You have various questions like "What's the best song ever?" and everyone writes their own answer and then everyone votes and then the judge (the person who asked the question and a role that changes with every turn) decides. All of the questions are interesting and always elicit great silliness and often reveal things you didn't know about your friends. I thought the best question tonight was, "What would you do with a $100,000?" I know my friend, and the judge in this case, well and said "Take a trip to Ireland" but his girlfriend obviously knows him better and said "Buy the world's biggest trampoline." Everyone agreed that would indeed be the coolest thing ever and it received the highest number of bets and then our friend confirmed the win. As he said, "It would be so big that you could run and run and jump and never worry about falling off!" Very funny. Just like my friends.



Fortunately, the kids seemed to have as much fun as we did and that makes the night even sweeter. No one really wanted to go home but there will always be another Games Night next month.

"I found you!" playing Hide and Seek.


And jumping on the bed: Does it ever get more fun than this? No, and that's why adults fantasize about buying the world's biggest trampoline.

No comments: