Monday, June 29, 2009

What's Cooking 6.29-7.5

I only had time for one trip to our whole foods shop and the total was $78.89. When I got home from the store my husband and son were playing soccer in the street. My son ran up to the car to see the groceries in the trunk. My husband asked if he was going to come back to play soccer and my son said, "First I have to sit on the watermelon!" (A reference to last week's shopping trip!)



Here's what we're eating this week:

Monday:
Spicy Sausage and Beet Green Ragout (I'll use beets greens, instead of the turnip greens called for in the recipe.)
Polenta
Green Salad

Tuesday: (I'm in the hospital for my 24-hour shift.)
Leftovers

Wednesday: Late Night at the Pool!
Hickory Nut Gap Farm Grilled Bratwurst
Homemade Whole Wheat Buns
Homemade Cole Slaw

Thursday:
Spicy Hummus
Grilled Pita
Greek Salad

Friday:
Pizza with homemade crust and sauce
Pepperoni and Peppers
Spinach Salad

Saturday:
Miso-Sesame Noodle Salad
with Red Pepper, Shiitake Mushrooms and Peas

Sunday:
Whole Wheat Pancakes
Bacon
Grapefruit

No comments: