Friday, March 6, 2009

Food Waste for the Week


The Crunchy Chicken's Food Waste Challenge officially ended in February, so I won't use her image anymore for my Food Waste Fridays - but I did find this lovely poster from the Google image archives. Even though this image is nearly 100 years old it is still relevant today. It can serve as a reminder that adequate food sources are still unavailable to large parts of world's population. I am grateful for the plentiful food that is available to my family. I don't take it for granted and I certainly don't want to waste it. Here's how we did this week:


Fortunately, we had another no food waste week in our household. This week we have a rather unusual challenge - we celebrated my husband's birthday this week and have an abundance of sweets to eat if we don't want to have any waste next week. Again, I know this is what can only be considered a "high class" problem. :)


No comments: