Monday, May 18, 2009

What's Cooking 5.18-5.24

As you saw from my post last Wednesday, my trip to the Farmers' Market yielded abundant greens. I added greens to our salads, soups, sandwiches, eggs, stir-fry, and juice and they were delicious!

This week I spent $45.14 at Amazing Savings and $30.82 at Green Life for a grand total of $75.96.

I bought 3 dozen organic/free-range eggs because they were on an amazing sale (Buy 2 for $1.29 and get 1 free) and we depleted the supply of our home-grown eggs over the weekend. I plan to do a lot of baking in the next week to use up this surplus and my husband and son are very excited by the prospect.

As you can see I bought very little vegetable produce this week, just a few to add to my juices before I get back to the market again this Wednesday. (Can't wait!)






Here's what we're eating this week: (See a theme? Lots and Lots of Greens!)

Monday: (My mom sent us home from dinner at her house with leftover chicken and we will be using it up in this delicious recipe)
Green Chili
Brown Rice
Green Salad

Tuesday: (Back in the hospital for 24 hours)
Leftovers

Wednesday: (Market Day, Hooray!)
Tofu Stir-Fry
with lots of greens in the mix!
Brown Rice

Thursday:
Garlic and Oil Spaghetti with Greens
Green Salad

Friday:
Pizza (with homemade crust and sauce)
Spinach and Pepperoni
Green Salad

Saturday:
Very Easy Vegetarian Sloppy Joes (we didn't have these last week because of a visit with my family)
Homemade Whole Wheat Rolls
Sweet Potato "Fries"
Spinach Salad

Sunday:
Asparagus-Ricotta Frittata
Roasted Potatoes and Garlic
Spinach Salad

No comments: